Sunday, May 8, 2011

Review of the Home Tech Flavor Injector

I recently had the privilege of testing out the Home Tech Flavor Injector.  The device is certainly a unique design compared to the standard injector that most folks are accustomed to seeing.  Here's a few pics.


Cupcakes!  Gotta try that!



Three injection needles instead of one.  Each exit has screen to prevent clogging.

For my review I started off by injecting a chuck roast with some of my brisket mop.  The Flavor Injector did an admirable job injecting the chuck roast.  There was a bit of a learning curve with knowing when to release the press pressure in the reservoir so not to spray your injection everywhere.  After smoking it up on the Yoder, I was left with a very moist and flavorful helping of pulled beef.  I was very pleased with the results.

Getting ready to inject.
Adding injection is a lot neater than a traditional injector
Injecting away!

A fine batch of smoked, pulled chuck roast!

The the next round of testing I had to give the injected cupcakes a try.  I baked up some traditional yellow cupcakes and tried injecting them with hot fudge.  Here's some pictures of that process.



The fudge was a bit of challenge as it was still very thick, even when heated up.  This made the injecting process a bit cumbersome.  In my opinion the injection needs to be thinned down to allow it to flow better through the injector.  Overall, I think the injector faired very well with watery-consistency injections, but struggled with thicker injections, so those should be thinned out before attempting.

No comments: